How To Dismantle and Recycle Pallets
How to safely break and disassemble pallets. DIY expert Craig Phillips talks through the methods and tools you need to recycle pallets. Once you have dismantled your pallet you are ready to start your DIY pallet recycling projects.
Pallet breaking tools you will need:
– Hammer: https://goo.gl/r8AiTo
– Bolster: https://goo.gl/e7Bc6N
– Pry Bar: https://goo.gl/FgMXht
– Wrecking Bar: https://goo.gl/JoVl6m
– Gloves – https://goo.gl/tX9g1r
– Safety Spectacles – https://goo.gl/VFUoex
BUY THE TOOLS:
THE STAGES ARE:
1. The tools you are going to need are: hammer, bolster, pry bar, wrecking bar, crow bar, gloves & safety glasses/goggles.
3. Start by loosening the nails using the bolster and hammer.
4. When the gap between the planks is large enough, use a pry bar to lift the plank off.
5. Ensure you remove all nails from the plank and the newly exposed area of the pallet.
6. Repeat until all the top planks have been removed.
7. Next, remove the centre blocks using the same process.
8. With all the nails removed from your dismantled pallet wood you are ready to start your recycled pallet project.
Silverline Tools How To videos are for reference purposes only. Undertaking these projects is entirely at your own risk.
Read safety instructions before operating any power tools and always wear appropriate protection.